This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, August 4, 2011

PUEBLO RED & PUEBLO CLAY - WORK IN PROGRESS

Hello Blog Buddies,

Well here it is the day after yesterday which as expressed yesterday is tomorrow and as promised I'M BACKkkkkkkkkkkk :>)

I got an early start today as my DW and I have something we need to do today but I will DIGRESS later in the post so you my buddies can see what I'm working on and then decide if you will stay aboard for my digression.  Have you ever noticed how the word DIGRESSION sounds "sorted" or not quite above board???
11 x 14 on canvas panel done in a RENDERING style with a tremendous amount of blending of paint directly on the surface of the canvas.  I NEVER MIX my colors on a palette - I don't even own a palette - I slowly, softly and lightly BLEND directly on the surface being very careful not to create the "DREADED MUD!!"

Due to this tedious process the hand arthritis kicks in so this piece will be done over a couple of days - the following sequence being as much as my hand can withstand today.



Ahhhhhhh HA - a blank canvas to throw some paint at.  I will very quickly lay in some paint just to get the flow of the pottery going as well as a snapshot from my mind onto the canvas.



This in real life is more reddish then the photo shows but being a starving artist I only have a cheap point-pray-shoot camera as I dropped my DW's Nikon D-40 a real nice camera or at least it was!  :>(
We just sent it to Nikon to get a repair estimate.



OK - a slug of color for the natural clay pot as well.
I should mention at this juncture that in our area of NM there are many Pueblos and two which are quite famous for their red and black pottery are the Santa Clara and the San Ildefonso Pueblos


Time to develop some shadows and deepening of color on both pots



Some indications of highlights (direction of light source) for later development and refining.




OK - now for the exciting news that DW and her DH (that's me) will be working on today.  As you know, DW is in the process of having a middle grade novel published and we got back the final (we hope)  version of the text.  Sooooooo our job today is for both of us to proof read it making sure nothing was dropped - changed - left out during the download of DW's file into the publishers files.

This book is going to be a BLOCKBUSTER and when the MOVIE comes out, the sky is the limit!

As promised, I will let you all know when it hits the street (should be early Autumn) so you can rush out and buy a dozen copies!!!  :>)

I hope to return over the weekend with the finished painting started above as right now the hand is cramping - OUCH-OUCH-OUCH---------------------------------  Later my Blog Buddies  :>)   JR