This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Go FIGGER

Well my Blog Buddies I called the pharmacy about noon time today and found out that the DR. finally got around to have his horrid nurse call in the Rx to the pharmacy around 10:30 this morning.  THAT IS 48 HOURS - YES 48 HOURS after I called and requested the nurse to phone in the Rx!!!!

To me Santa Fe is a neat-cool-funky place to visit - the Plaza area and all the galleries on Canyon Road are the places to be.  The Sangre de Christo mountain are beautiful and are another place to be.  HOWEVER living in Santa Fe is like living in a 3rd world country in many respects.  The attitude here is "Oh I'll get to it tomorrow - maybe!"  The medical services in plain English SUCK!!  We have a hospital - St. Vincents.  It is referred to as ST. VICTIMS!!!!!!!  If you are in need of medical attention YOU DO NOT GO THERE!!!  If you can't be transported to Albuquerque - STAY HOME AND DIE - as that is what will happen to you if you go to ST. VICTIMS!!!  Prices for everything here from gas to ice cream are way out of line with reality - very expensive to live here.

NUF said --- OH -- the pharmacy did not have enough pills to completely fill the Rx so they are giving me what they have which is a three day supply and PERHAPS the new order will be in on Saturday or Monday!!!!!!!  That is if someone takes the time to order them!

I have to say it's been fun here for the past 4 years - however we are glad to be leaving!  We would and will come back to visit - to visit - to visit - get my drift!!!

OK NUF said.  I can't sit any longer my ass is NUMB - so I rigged up a chair that I could rest my sore leg on and be able to do some painting.

This is where we left off the other day:


I did some "prep" work on the granny smith apples to created a road map as to the direction of their creation



As mention before, the shape of an apple is more than round and doing the shaping of it depends on the direction of the brush strokes - the sides have to curved around to the front - the stem area is somewhat flat before it curves down to the sides and face of the apple.

If you paint a round circle - it will be a painted round circle!

Now for some indications of the light and shadow sides of the apples - light coming in from the right.


You will notice that the apples are now overall darker than in the first photo.  Some of the light color still appears but dropping in that darker color gives the apples volume and from here I will brighten up and lighten up portions of the apples as well as "streak" them a tad with my trusty fan brush.  More on that later. 

OK - that's it for today as this one leg on the floor and one leg bent onto the seat of a chair just is not very conducive to creation.  However that said I have the road map for the creation of the apples and shall continue when able.

In the meantime - as you do with an apple - take a bite out of life and ENJOY!!!!

JR  :>)