This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, December 12, 2011

WHAT THE HELL!!!!

Well - I've pulled myself out of the NM FUNK I was in earlier this morning and figured WHAT THE HELL I'll stand on my stupid foot and if it sets back the healing process SO WHAT!!!!

I did some more on the painting I have been working on while enduring a BOUT WITH THE GOUT!!

When we last left off, we were at this point:


I did a bit more work on the light side of the apples as well as the beginning of the small ceramic jar with lid on the left.
It's important to get some of the green apple color reflected onto the small jar and later up onto the red vase.  When light shines on color the results is "REFLECTED COLOR" and "LOCAL COLOR" which is merely the colors in and around each object.  Sometimes it is necessary to exaggerate the distance the color can travel in its reflective path - yes it is a case of dramatics but necessary for effect.




Some closeups for my "I gotta see how he do dat" friends.





You can - I'm sure,  see some of the reflected green of the apple bouncing off the round of the body of the ceramic jar.

Compare the "where we left off" photo to the above 3 photos and I'm sure you can see a very noticeable change in the lightness of the apples on the right side (light coming from right) as well as the retained (darkness in color) of the  shadow side.
There are lots of tweaks left to do on both the lights and darks, especially where the red vase and the small jar meet.  The jar being out in front of that side of the vase, some nice deep/dark blue will be applied during the next steps.
Additionally some green from the apples will be reflected up onto the red vase and some reflected red from the vase will be reflected down onto the curve of the apples.

The exaggeration of reflected, local, light, dark colors is very important as it can help "tie the painting together" it gives it "UNITY" and prevents the Objects d' Art from looking cut out and pasted on.  It is also important to throw some reflected/local color into the shadows in a painting - there is nothing more BORING then colorless dark blobs of paint for a shadow.  Another very important item regarding color is to NEVER-NEVER-NEVER EVER have any color show up only ONCE in a painting.
It will shout "HEY - LOOK AT ME OVER HERE!"  The eyes of the viewer will stop there and never go any further.  This is very, very bad for SALES!!

Until next time my friends

JR  :>)