This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, December 5, 2011

TODAY-TODAY-TODAY

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

Well more snow overnight and still coming down!  I think Mother Nature is punishing us because this is our last winter here and our last winter (snow/cold weather) ANYWHERE!!!!!

I did not think my DW Melissa would go to work today - I was looking forward to her being home - but alas she went! 

Some how over the weekend I either hurt my foot or I'm coming down with a
"Bout of Gout"  My ankle and the area below it is very, very sore - I was up a lot during the night with it - took an advil at 3 AM and another one at 9 AM.  We took a walk down Canyon Road (art district) and around the Plaza on Sunday and I wore boots that went above the ankle as there was snow on the ground.  I think the highness of the boot caused this problem  At least I hope that is all it is as a Bout with Gout is very, very painful and can last weeks!!!  I take medication every day to thwart off the gout but on occasion it does not do its job!!!  Still hurts like hell and I really can't put any weight on that foot so standing at the easel on one leg tends to be uncomfortable after a very short time.  :>(

We got some very exciting news this morning - OUR RV IS ON THE PRODUCTION LINE - AT PRESENT IS IN THE PLUMBING AREA OF PRODUCTION!!!!!!!

NEXUS  (  http://www.nexusrv.com/ ) has gotten a lot of new orders over the past month or two and decided to put our RV into production as they will start to get very busy come the first of the year.  They close down for about 2 weeks at Christmas time for time off and inventory.  We still won't pick up our RV until April 4, 2012 but at least now we do not have to worry about a delay due to heavy production.  NEXUS stores NOTHING outside their facilities so they will store our FINISHED RV in their temperature controlled showroom until we arrive to pick it up.  VERY EXCITING WOO - HOO

Soooo I started a painting but will have to stop as painting on one leg SUCKS!!!

I'm doing another still life of the same basic setup as a very recent on - changing the bowl color and painting grannie smith apples instead of red ones.  I post some of my paintings on a couple of websites and members of the site critique each others paintings.  There are all kinds of styles of paintings from abstract to photorealism.  I paint somewhere in between that in either impressionistic or expressionistic - sort of a mix of both.  Weeeellllllll on occasion there are photorealistic painters who stop by and comment (if not insult) others for not painting photorealistic.  This happened with the prior blue vase with red apples I did as I did not paint it in my normal loose style but painted it tightly but certainly not photorealistic.. Like I responded to the pompous ass who thinks everyone should paint photorealistic or NOT PAINT AT ALL - I said "I will never paint or even try to paint the "perfect painting"  - I find photorealistic paintings to be BORING -BORING - BORING -
HO - HUM.  I would first become a photographer as that is what cameras are for!
Needless to say his "pompous" was out of sorts and severely deflated.  HEY----- he started it!!!  I've reached an age (almost 72) whereby I refuse to standby and (within reason) take CRAP from anyone.  He has some paintings on this website and I did not insult his paintings ------- I merely insulted HIM!!!

Sooooooo I'm going to do another very similar still life but LOOSE-LOOSE-LOOSE in the hopes he checks in again and has to take a couple of advil and lay down for a while!!!

I would never give a bad critique just because I did not like the style a piece was painted in!  HOW RUDE!!!!  Well, his toilet has been flushed - so now I will try to irritate him.

OK - very little done and no more to be done until I can stand on my own 2 feet!!  :>)

First a quick sketch and then I merely throw some paint around to create the road map to take me to the end of this piece.


Paint thrown around to start the identification of the light and shadowed side of the red vase.




 Closeups to keep the anal blog buddies happy until I'm back on both feet again - I always say "give em something to look forward to and keep em guessing!"  :>)



Enjoy the day my friends and I shall return when both feet can touch the floor!

JR   :>)