This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, December 13, 2011

MY-MY-MY

Good morning Blog Buddies,

Have you ever felt that you have had "something or some happening" follow you where ever you go?

Well with me it seems to be the infiltration of FRIGGIN WATER!!!  Because of this I actually have a fear of RAIN.  Yes, there is such a thing - google it.

My first house the cellar leaked like a sieve - the roof developed some leaks over time.  We bought a 125 year old Victorian home in East Boothbay Maine - which we were assured had recent roof work which we verified.  Just before we moved in, we went there to spend a weekend ( why in a minute ) and a rain storm developed and every room in the house had water dripping from the ceiling which of course originated  ------ RIGHT - FROM THE FRIGGIN ROOF!!!!!!  We had over a dozen buckets of sorts scattered throughout the house!  The reason we went to the house for a weekend, was because the place we rented had been without electricity for 11 days due to a FRIGGIN ICE STORM!!!!! So we thought we would get away from it all!!!

In addition to the massive roof leaks in our recently purchased 125 Victorian overlooking East Boothbay Harbor, there was a 150 year old post & beam barn and that roof was leaking!!!!  In addition to the barn, there was a 75 year old carriage house that I planned on renovating and turning into a gallery - WELL slap me up side my head - this out building ended up with about 6 inches of water inside it due to water from the street running directly under the door into this FRIGGIN carriage house.

The "piece de resistance" after 13 inches of rain over Fri-Sat-Sun, we had water gushing into the cellar - with such force one would have thought a fire hydrant had been opened!!!

There were other infiltrations of water but if I mention them I will start to CRY AGAIN!!!!!  I've been TRAUMATIZED!!!!! 

Well last night my DW Melissa said "you need to call MAINTENANCE!!"

We had a little bit of snow & rain yesterday not much at all.  WELL what my DW was referring to was a problem in our furnace room here in our TINY UNIT we are renting.
The problem is FRIGGIN WATER DRIPPING from the----------YOU GUESSED IT
THE FRIGGIN ROOF!!!!!!!  Arggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!

My DW heard the dripping while brushing her teeth - thank goodness!!!

I don't think it is the roof as it was still dripping this morning, so I put a call into the answering service for the UNIT COMPLEX - I explained my problem and the voice answered "Wellllllll is it still raining out!"  I guess the implication was  -----  if it's still raining out then it's OK to have a leak!!!!  I mean like BITE ME - send someone to FIX THE --------- ing PROBLEM!!!!!


I GIVE UP - CAN YOU SEE WHY??????????????

I'm going out now to PLAY IN THE FRIGGIN RAIN!!!!!

JR  :>)