This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, December 28, 2011

PINES & ASPENS IN SHADES OF BLACK & WHITE

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

Today is food shopping day and errands as well, so this post will be sort of quick as I have a lot to do.  We are starting to move things our of the TINY UNIT into our 8x10 storage area a few miles from here.  Who we are, What we are and all we have is pretty much stored in the 8x10 crypt!!  We move out of our TINY UNIT come April 1, so we figure we move out of here slow and easy.  The storage facility is almost across the street from Sam's Club so I can drop things off each Wednesday when I go to Sam's.

My DW Melissa is a very good photographer and loves to work in Black & White.  A friend of hers also works mostly in B&W.  We will be visiting her friend during our RV Journey so I painted this yesterday afternoon as a gift for Melissa's friend.

As I say, I'm on the fly today so here we go:

This is 14 x 11 on canvas panel painted with palette knife, big brush and my hair comb.  I use the comb to get the texture of the pine trunks.  I just have to remember to wash it out before I use it to comb my hair - :>) 

Very quickly I sketch in some tree trunks


Next I "throw" lots of thick juicy paint onto the canvas and use my hair comb to create "bark texture" of a pine tree



Close up of a "combed" trunk



OK - the rest will be quick as I'm running behind WHEW - for an old guy i can move pretty quickly  :>)

CHARGE!!!!

BUDDA BING - BUDDA BOOM!!

WE ARE DONE!!!!!



A close up for my "ATTENTIVE" Blog Buddies -

HOW HE DO DAT???



Well, I'm off and running - OLD but QUICK!!!!

Enjoy the day my friends and take time out to enjoy life!!
TIS WE OWN TING!!!!

  JR   :>)