This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, December 30, 2011

Hello Blog Buddies

Well --- pretty soon the clock will strike midnight and we will be in 2012!!!!  I hope it is a better year than 2011 although we were fortunate to sell our home during this horrid economy and we ordered our 31 foot RV so while the economy was/is bad we were luckier than lots of folks trying to sell their home as well as many just trying to hold onto their property.

My DW Melissa is off this morning teaching a Yoga class and then going to lunch with a girlfriend.  Soooooooo what does the JR do ----- CORRECT --- HE PAINTS!!!

However first I digress - HEY I have not digressed for quite a while now and if I want to digress I'll digress - IT'S MY BLOG AND I"LL DO WHAT EVER I WANT!!!!

OK - now back to ME!!!!  :>)

In preparation for our RV departure which occurs on 4/1/12, we have been paring down our belongings as there is just so much one can fit into an RV that consists of approximately 300 sq ft.  Meaningful items and family antiques have been stored in a climate controlled storage facility but I must mention there is not a heck of a lot of room left.  Several items in our TINY UNIT will be donated but there are still 4 - 5 pieces to go into the storage unit.  Will they fit - TWT (time will tell.)
We have several items in our TINY UNIT that we will try to sell and if not then MORE DONATIONS!!!!!!!

I had a very large easel which I modified so I could paint large canvases such as 48 x 30 and 36 x 24.  Wellllllll no way would this easel fit in our TINY UNIT never mind in our even SMALLER RV - so I donated it.  I had it for 5 years and it was like loosing a good friend - but things change and we move on.

I made a smaller easel that I mount onto my DW's camera tripod.  The easel most of you folks know as Mr. ED!!!!!  Wellllll a kink may have appeared in the use of the tripod.  As I say, it belongs to my DW and she informed me that once we are on the road, she wants to get back into photography.  She is a wonderful photographer and for many years sold her photographs and also won several prizes.  She is going to buy a Mega - I can photograph your freckle from 300 feet away ZOOM LENS!!!!  So I can hear her now - I'll be painting, using HER tripod, and she will say "STEP AWAY FROM THE TRIPOD!"  Oh well I'll figure something out.  :>)

OK-------- enough about the tripod -------- more about ME!!!

I love to paint pears as I'm sure some of you know.  HEY - YOU AGAIN!!!!!  YES I LIKE THE SHAPE OF PEARS BUT NO WAY SHOULD YOU RELATE THE SHAPE TO WHAT YOU JUST IMPLIED - ESPECIALLY IN MIXED COMPANY.

I have got to increase security - some days a few WEIRD PEOPLE find their way into this sacred Hall of Art d' Presentation!!  :>)

OK - first I do a very rough sketch of 3 pears - why three????  Because the title of this painting is:

"MENAGE A TROIS"
18 X 24 ON HEAVY LINEN PAPER

For those of you who do not speak my native tongue, and since this is a family blog we shall translate that as "A MEETING OF THREE"

OK - the rough sketch:



Red Anjou pears have many colors in them and to my eyes red is present the least - it is a blending of red-orange-parchment and touches of yellow ochre
So I begin to throw paint at the canvas with my usual method - with no pre - planning just me and my spontaneity.
The photo appears more orange than it is in real life - but - hey I've got a $69
 "Point-Shoot-Pray" camera and it does not like all colors.



Got to darken it up now with some more red tones and yellow ochre.  The light coming from the left , I need to introduce some shadowing on the right sides of the pears.
There - now they are starting to look more like a Red Anjou



A few more tweaks to the pears and the shadow sides and then me thinkith I need to eat one of these pears for my lunch and then take a nap.
Shhhhhhhhhh don't tell Dr. DUMB!!!



Not sure when I will finish this as New Years eve & day approach so we may just veg out.  Any Hooooooooooo my DW Melissa and I wish you all a very Happy-Healthy & Prosperous 2012

Thank you all for following my blog and my painting and for putting up with my humor and just think there is no fee to follow me!  :>)

  I hope to see y'all back in 2012

Take care of yourselves and don't be a stranger.

JR   :>)