This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, December 9, 2011

THIS N' THAT

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

19 degrees at 8:26 am with blue skies and bright sunshine!  Ya gotta love it!

My DW Melissa is teaching 2 Yoga classes this morning starting at 11am so I will be doing----- THIS N' THAT!!

My foot is starting to feel better - the swelling is still present and has not gone down any - but the pain is almost gone - and that is the part that HURTS!!!!!  Perhaps some more ice cream will help!!!  The meds are starting to do what they should do (eliminate the pain) and next the swelling should start to go away.  I have to call the pharmacy to see if they got in a new supply of drugs as they could only fill 9 tablets of a 30 tablet Rx.  It's hard for me to imagine a pharmacy running out of a drug!!!  Have they never heard of  INVENTORY CONTROL!!!!

I have some administrative things to do this morning while my DW is out and about.
I need to consolidate a lot of "RV RELATED THINGS TO DO LIST" as lots of them have been done already and now I need to regroup and itemize and prioritize the remaining items leading up to our picking up the RV in Indiana on April 4, 2012.

I ordered a couple of things last night from Amazon - when I find a sale and I am going to need it, I buy it!!  Thus far through "early purchases" I have saved over $350!!!  If it goes on sale at a better price than I bought it at, I'll never know that as I won't be looking for that item any longer - so all is good!!!

I sold 3 paintings yesterday so I'm itching to search for more sales on items needed for our RV Journey.

One problem we are running into is the size of our TINY UNIT!!!  Very little storage space so we have the boxes of purchased RV items stacked in a corner!  Starting to close in on us so next week it will be labeled - inventory list made and taken to our Storage unit where over 3/4's of our life is stored!!!!  With the single digit temperatures we have been having plus the wind chill, I'm glad it is interior temperature controlled storage.  Some of these things will be shipped to our RV manufacturer in Indiana as we will need them for our drive with the RV back to Santa Fe.  Example is a nice new coffee maker with stainless carafe - I mean who can drive from Elkhart Indiana to Santa Fe NM ( 865 miles) without having coffee!!!!  In addition, firstly we are going to Iowa to visit a fellow artist and that is a 566 mile drive!!  So coffee will be a very important thing!
Driving thru the drive-up lane at your local coffee shoppe is not an option with a 31 foot long RV!!!  NOPE  just walk back into the lovely kitchen lined with real Cherrywood cabinets and put on a pot of coffee and bring it back up front for the driver and co-pilot!!!!!

We have all but one RV Park reservation made and these start here in Santa Fe upon our return from Indiana and Iowa where we will stay a couple of weeks to learn how to do what it is we need to do in an RV!!!!  :>)   We've never had an RV before - only been in one twice and that was just to look!!  The RV Park reservations we've made will carry us out to January 2013.  The one remaing reservation we can't make until February 1, 2012 and that is in the Old Quebec Canada area - OUR PARIS and an area that we love dearly.  This will be on Ile d' Orleans a small island in the middle of the St. Lawrence river just off the shores of Old Quebec City.  A place we once thought about moving to.

They start taking reservations on February 1, 2012 and the spaces are so in demand that you are limited to a 3 week stay per year.  We hope to get a 3 week reservation for 7/28/12 - 8/19/12.  We will be in Nova Scotia for a month just before this so it would be a nice 2 day drive over into Quebec.  If for some reason we can't get the reservation we will look at other RV parks in this area as well as Canadian campgrounds at Mont St. Anne ski area which is very lovely.

So not a lot to do but enough to keep me busy and out of trouble until my DW Melissa returns from her teaching gig.

Well - take care my friends and I hope to be back on my feet enough by Monday to begin where I left off with my last painting.  Until then - enjoy life it's too short so make it pleasant and happy - those are the true riches of life.

JR   :>)