This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, December 21, 2011

HOLIDAY FRUIT

Hello Blog Buddies,

Well today was food shopping day as well as a couple of errands.  We are starting to move small stuff out of the TINY UNIT into the SMALL STORAGE SPACE.  I've purchased several small things for the RV and these items started closing in on our space.  When I say our TINY UNIT is TINY,  I mean TINY!!!
We are also starting to box some stuff up to donate and our intent is to be 99% moved out by March 25.  After this, it will be paper plates and sleeping on the floor.

As my DW always says "When it's time to go --- it's time to go!"

We fly out to Elkhart Indiana and pickup our RV on April 4, 2012 and this starts our RV Journey!!

OK enough - after doing the food shopping and errands, I came home and decided to do another contemporary/semi-abstract painting.  I'm having fun with these so I shall continue for a while.  This one is 8 x 8 on canvas panel - painted with gusto, emotion, expression and spontaneity

I got to thinking and IF fruits could enjoy the Holidays, I'm betting they would get dressed up in there BEST SKINS and enjoy the time.  With this in mind, I set out to have fun with this contemporary/semi-abstract piece.

This was done wet into wet with a large brush with not even half an attempt in accuracy of color or form - being semi-abstract color and form do not exist and that my Blog Buddies is the FUN OF IT ALL!  Remember these fruits are dressing up in their BEST SKINS for the Holidays!

HEY - you fella in the back row center seat - of course this is possible and DON'T EVER SAY THAT AGAIN!!!!! 


This will go quickly as I'm using a big brush and the canvas is only 8 x 8, which is small.  Some tweaking up and perking up of the color and the shadows and a tweak here and there in the forms



I've got to finish this up as I'm running the risk of creating mud as the paint is very juicy and applied in globs and blobs - and THAT'S THE FUN OF IT!!

OK BUDDA BING - BUDDA BOOM
DONE



Of course I would not be completely done if I did not offer a close up for my "Inquisitive Blog Buddies" who always seem to say
"How he do dat?"



Well, I'll be taking a few days off to spend some quiet Holiday time with my DW.
There are several nice RESORT HOTELS down on the Plaza so tomorrow early evening we shall go on a tour of these posh places and enjoy all the decorations they display and then we'll grab a lite dinner.
On Friday evening we have been invited to a party at the home of some friends of ours and we have been going there for a few years now and really enjoy the company and the food - TONS OF WONDERFUL FOOD!!!  :>)

So my friends - enjoy your Holiday and stay healthy and happy.

JR  :>)