This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, December 2, 2011

GOOD MORNING!

Well----I'm happy to report that NO SNOW YET!!!!!

They are still predicting 4-6 inches to start later this afternoon.  We have lived in Santa Fe for 4.5 years now and I would rate the weather forecasting accuracy at 3.2 on a scale of 10!!!  So let's hope they don't luck out and have an accurate forecast this time!

Today is "teeth cleaning" day and I don't want to be driving in the snow!!

In a couple of the last postings I have mentioned the Santa Fe National Cemetery and how we love to go for power walks there.  It is sort of across the hyway from our UNIT and we can see lots and lots of the grave stones from our UNIT.

It is such a peaceful walk and both my DW Melissa and I are very much drawn to the cemetery.  We plan on buying a couple of Christmas wreaths and on our next walk we will wait until a grave stone speaks to us and we'll place a wreath at 2 of these locations.

Following are some photos I took yesterday - they do not do the site justice as there are hundreds upon hundreds of markers and the only way to portray it would be via video which I may do on a future post.

These are "fallen hero's" whether fallen in combat or in time of peace ---- they helped in preserving OUR freedom and peace.



Some veterans and their spouse are buried in the same plot - on either side of the stone.  You will notice this spouse died in 1997 at almost 100 years old



On this side of the stone is the info for her husband - you will notice that he died in 1938 at 42 years old - we can assume perhaps in war?

His wife  lived for 59 years after his death - very sad - the cemetery is filled with such stories.

GENERAL VIEWS OF GRAVE STONES







There is a very large section with flat ground markers only - this is were cremated veterans are buried - we witnessed a burial here on our walk yesterday.



There is an older section of the cemetery in which some of the stones date back into the late 1800's and as always some 'UNKNOWN" burials.



One of our Christmas wreaths will be laid here.



UNKNOWN -- BUT YET A WREATH -







The rows and rows of fallen heroes and spouses go on and on - up onto the hillsides 100's upon 100' upon 100's...........................

Nothing to do with RVs or painting - but everything to do with being thankful for our HEROES and our FREEDOM.

Bring someone a Christmas wreath this season - you will feel so GOOD.

Peace my friends until next time.

JR  :>)