This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, December 23, 2011

OVERNIGHT SNOW

Good Morning Blog Buddies.

Just a short hello - after all I don't want you to think that I ran off to a tropical island and have my feet in the warm ocean and a frosty diet A&W root beer in my hand!

Last nite we did out "grab a bit of Christmas" tour of the lovely resort hotels around the Plaza area.  Got out hour or so of beautiful decorations and decorated trees.  Sat in front of a roaring fire in the Hotel Santa Fe - they have a HUGE kiva fireplace that a person can walk into (it's that big) and enjoyed a nice hot chocolate.  They have a fire going constantly in the fireplace during the winter and burn on average a cord of wood every 5 days!!!

The Plaza was all aglow with all the trees decked out in Christmas lights - very beautiful.

We then went out to one of our favorite Bar & Grills and had a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich with french fries.  When we came to Santa Fe looking for a home, back in Jan 2007 we found this restaurant on a very, very cold evening (as was last night) and we had a grilled cheese with tomato and french fries.  So last nite was sort of a "goodbye" to this bar & grill with the enjoyment of the same meal we had almost 5 years ago.  We are very sentimental people!

Any Hoooooooo over night we had some snow - I would guess about 2-3 inches - nice power snow and today the sky is blue and it is 22 degrees - a nice crisp chill in the air but the sun is shining and all is well.

Melissa is teaching a Yoga class this morning and tonight we are going to the home of a friend for some nice conversation and some great food.  Our friend is a wonderful cook and we look forward each year to this outing!

In the meantime for those of you who do not have any snow (especially our good friends Nancy & Wayne in Florida) we send y'all some of our overnight snow.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas........................................................




JR  :>)