This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, March 5, 2012

GOOD MORNING BLOG BUDDIES

WELL -------- 4 weeks to go!!!


Time will start to FLY by now - 4 weeks is not a long time and pretty soon each and every day will require some type of MOVING or RV action to be taken.

Many things are left to do:

. cancel the electricity effective 4/1
.cancel the WiFi and Direct TV and phone service effective 4/1
.set up a furniture pickup by the Salvation Army
.set up the rental of a small U-Haul truck
.pack up more STUFF for the RV
.pack up more STUFF for long term storage
.sell our 32" HDTV

That's just to name the more important items.

The management of the apartment complex comes in to inspect the apartment - that's no problem as I'm a very good house keeper!!!  :>)

Soooooo as I say the next 4 weeks will go by quickly!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please excuse us but JR gave us his OK to jump in here and say something.

We bought one of JR's ocean/dune scenes and we just wanted to let his blog buddies know how excited and happy we are with our purchase.  We bought one of the larger 18 x 24 scenes and it just lights up our living room.
Living in S. Carolina we can certainly appreciate JR's treatment of the dunes and the ocean!


Thank you for letting us take a minute of your time.

Ed & Marion Johnson
Charleston, SC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Ed & Marion - when Melissa and I get to S. Carolina in mid May we'll stop in and say YO!

OK - this morning I decided to do a quick big brush and palette knife painting.  The subject is Late Autumn.  Why?????? - Hell I don't know - I just kind of woke up this morning feeling sort of autumn-ie!!!  :>) 

The Sangre de Christo mountains here in Santa Fe are very beautiful and will be one of the things I will fondly remember.  My DW and I have spent many hours up in those mountains - painting - picnicking - hiking and just sitting in the forest reading.  We love it up there. 

So this is on heavy linen paper done mostly with my MAC my palette knife and some brush work in the background.

12 x 9

This was painted with emotion - expression - gusto and a touch of semi-abstract

First I throw in the tree trunks using my palette knife and blobs and globs of thick juicy paint - lots & lots of it!!


Next using a big brush I throw in the BG and FG as well as slight indications of tree trunks in the far BG.  The BG is dark as the forest up in the Sangre de Christos is very, very thick with tree growth.
This painting will go very quickly as I'm using a big brush for the BG and when combined with MAC the palette knife - a lot of paint goes on very quickly.
Additionally this is done wet into wet so I really don't have time to stop for progress photos. 

BAM

WOW  --- that was quick wasn't it!!!

:>)



I do have some closeup photos.

HOW HE DO DAT??????

Closeup of palette knife bark - as I said lots & lots of thick juicy paint




Closeup of "ground clutter"



Well - hope you enjoyed this demo and wasn't it nice of the Johnsons to stop by and say YO Blob Buddies!!!

Until next posting - take care - stay safe and if Y'all get a chance go out a paint a scene!!

JR   :>)