This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

QUICK-QUICK-QUICK

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

If you read the title real fast - you might think I'm imitating a DUCK!!!!  It is QUICK - not QUACK!!!!!!

The QUICK refers to the current painting - it is one of those QUICK - LOOSE - paintings that is done without any pre-planning or concern for absolute accuracy in shape.  This one I would say is 15 - 20 degrees removed from SLOPPY.

Before I start - today being Tuesday is Laundry day and TINY UNIT cleaning day!

Talking about laundry-----well as we all know by now ---- there is not much room in a 31' RV.  When I do the laundry - every Tuesday - there of course are certain articles of clothing that really should not be run thru a DRYER - DRYERS RUIN CLOTHES!!

So between me and my DW we end up with several pairs of pants ( 5 - 6 ) that can't go thru the DRYER or they will shrink!!!!!  Also between us I end up with 15 - 20 shirts that can't go thru the DRYER - YEP - RIGHT - SHRINKAGE!!!!!

My DW uses a lot of YOGA clothes during a week as she works in a YOGA STUDIO - she has pointed out some of the YOGA clothes that can go thru the DRYER - I on the other hand have seen the price tags on these YOGINI clothes and AIN'T NO WAY I'M PUTTING THEM THRU THE DRYER!!!!!!

After doing the laundry each week I end up with on average 6 pairs of pants hanging over the shower rod and various other places as well as 12 - 16 shirt thingies hanging on coat hangers off of every door knob in our TINY UNIT. 

WE DO NOT HAVE DOORS OR DOOR KNOBS IN OUR RV - there in lies the problem!!!

We'll put our heads together and figger it out!!!!!

I digressed - I do that sometimes - I try not to as I know how annoying it can be so I really try not to go off into left field and try to do my best to stay on subject.  WHOOPS I digressed again!!!  :>)

OK - back to the point of this posting!!!

This painting will be 12 x 9 on Heavy Linen paper done with expression - emotion - spontaneity - wet into wet with little regard or concern for shape or form - it is QUICK & LOOSE & FUN!  :>)  What's new JR??????  DUH!!!!!


"TURNED WOODEN VESSEL"

No sketching was done - I just start out with a round brush and get a shape down onto the Linen paper.

QUICK - LOOSE AND A TAD SLOPPY



Some "wood" COLOR



OK the rest will go quickly as I'm using my biggest brush and I can cover a lot of real estate so a few swipes of this BAD BOY and we are done!!!!

BAM

As I said - a few swipes  :>)

The vessel looks like it is leaning a tad - that is due to the cheap point - shoot - pray camera I have.  I think I forgot to pray!!!  :>(

Just tilt your head to the opposite side of the tilt and it will look perfect!!!



Some closeups for my "ANAL"  WHOOPS "ATTENTIVE" BLOG BUDDIES!!

HOW HE DO DAT????







Well - I hope you enjoyed this little demo - not brain surgery - just a quick little fun painting - to sort of pass the time - loosen up a bit and enjoy the JOY OF BEING A TAD SLOPPY!

Until next post - had a great day and enjoy life.

JR   :>)