This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, May 19, 2012

Another batch of brownies

Yo,

Well, yesterday I made another batch of brownies.  I need to buy myself a GLASS 8x8 baking dish.  I'm sorry but the non-stick pans leave a "taste" on the bottom of the brownies!  Cut the bottom off and no "taste!"

Also trying to get use to the oven as the brownies should bake at 325 and the bottoms on the first batch got scorched a tad so I baked these ones at a setting of about 295 and they came out good.  I'll invest in an oven thermometer!!!!

The brownies will make a good "energy" snack for our 2 day driving trip starting Sunday!  :>)

Well, today is our last day in the small but beautiful city of Charleston SC.  We had hoped for a nice warm sunny day but - it is very cloudy - looks like showers at any moment and a tad on the chilly side - need to wear jeans not shorts!!!!  :>(

However at about 10:30 we will head downtown as we want to spend a few more hours in the city.  Don't know if we will get to go out on the ferry to Fort Sumter or not -depends on if the rain stays away!!!!

We'll roam the cobble stoned streets that have given us so much pleasure during the past week and go into a couple of galleries that we liked the best.  One of the galleries exhibits work by Tony Van Hasselt a very famous watercolorist.  Tony was our neighbor in East Bootbay Maine and has been an idol of mine for years!!!  We own 3 of his original paintings - 2 we bought and 1 he gave to Melissa - a painting of our barn in East Boothbay - a going away gift when we moved from Maine to Scottsdale AZ.

There is also a nice Coffee Bistro downtown that has the most delicious looking cookies so we will stop in and I'll treat my DW - Melissa to a mocha and cookie.  I may buy a few extra cookies for later as well as put some in the freezer for later next week!!!!  :>)

Life is good my friends - Charleston has been a wonderful experience and tomorrow we head out for a 2 day trip to VA - stay overnight there and then a 2 day trip to MA. and stay 2 weeks in that area.  One of those weeks will be at Salisbury beach!!!!  :>) 

Stay healthy and happy my friends - as they say if you have your health and happiness - you have just about everything!

Later -

JR   :>)