This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, May 17, 2012

Down Day (FIDDLE FARTING)

Yo my friends,

Well we have not had a lot of "down time" since starting our journey.  So thus far today has been a "down day!"  We are just fiddle farting around playing with our computers - catching up on emails and the like.

I searched every nook and cubby in our house (RV), and under our house and in the back of the car.  I have located all of my painting "STUFF" and did a couple of sketches as well.

With all the rain last night it is very, very humid out - I'm guessing about 85 degrees with 85% humidity - way too hot and sticky to be out and way - way too hot to be outside painting!  So we shall stay in the house with the a/c on fan only and continue our fiddle farting around - it feels good not to have an agenda!!!!

Yesterday we went to Sam's Club to pick up my "Maintenance Drugs"  Old people are on a Maintenance Drug program for various bodily break downs and wear outs!!  :>)

These RX's are a 90 day supply intended to keep your blood pressure in line, your cholesterol in line, my heart beat not too slow and not too fast, and to keep my thyroid from going crazy.  They can be refilled at any Sam's Club.  I guess it can be comforting to know that your body is being maintained so it will not break down any quicker than it would NORMALLY!!!!!  When all is said and done after thousands of $'s in RX cost one might expect to live a week longer in a HOME - drooling down the front of a new plaid shirt.  :>(   :>(

I go to my DR. once a year for a medicare paid for annual check up.  The DR. says "anything bothering you?"  I say "NO."  Always say NO to that question - otherwise it will cost thousands of dollars, a battery of test to find out that nothing is wrong!!!!  He says "OK get these blood tests done and make another appointment in 4 weeks so we can go over them."
For this he charges Medicare a couple of hundred dollars and they end up only paying him $48.
Four weeks later I go back to the Dr. - he reads the results of the tests and says "Everything looks good - we'll keep you on the same "Maintenance Drugs" for another year."  On the way out I make an appointment for a year beyond the current day.
He again bills Medicare a couple of hundred dollars and they end up only paying him $48.

I should get a sense of comfort knowing I'm being taken care of - I'm working on it and hope to feel that sensation one of these years.

Ok - I forgot to mention that in addition to finding all my painting STUFF I also cleaned the house - vac floors & carpet, wet swiffed floor, dusted all the cabinets and woodwork - we once again have a clean living environment!  :>)

For you folks who do not like house work - buy an RV - it only takes me 15 minutes to clean it!!!

Later my friends.

JR     :>)