This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, May 6, 2012

HIGHLANDS tx

Yo buddies,

Well - it was a 4 hour 20 minute drive from San Antonio to Highlands TX which is just outside of Houston.  The drive was quite nice, straight down I-10.  Nice smooth roads and enjoyable - UNTIL------- we hit Houston and I had to drive I-10 thru the city.  Nail biting - pants wetting - horrid travel thru any city.  People cut you off - they come up on ramps and do not do any yielding at all.  A couple of times I needed to change lanes and they just keep coming and don't give YA an inch!

Well, we are in a nice RV Resort called San Jacinto Riverfront RV Resort.  Two swimming pools - free cable TV - free WiFi (SLOW) but still WiFi - and a bunch more neat stuff.  They are on a river and have a dock going out with a fish-catch-release program.

Nice level sites with full hookups and grass and palm trees - what else could two people ask for!!!  Plus a 10% Good Sam discount!!!  :>)

We'll just be here for the night and then tomorrow onto Palmetto State Park in Abbiville LA.  State parks are pretty nice - only $20 for the night compared to $31 for tonight.  Of course State parks do not have many if any amenities - water and electric hookups - but no sewer hookup - but they do have a dump station should you need it.

Well, for sure NO WiFi tomorrow nite so I'll be out of touch with y'all for a day or so.

Take care my friends.

JR    :>)