This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, May 19, 2012

We Did The Town Once More

Yo my friends,

Well, we went into downtown Charleston one more time - "Play it again Sam!!!!"

It"s about 7PM Saturday and we just got back.  Had a wonderful time - walked around once more - went into a few galleries and then drove down to the place to get the ferry over to the island that Fort Sumter is on.  What a great experience - the Fort is amazing.  This is where the Civil War actually started!!!  On April 12, 1861 - South Carolina Confederate troops from nearby Fort Johnson fired on Fort Sumter which was the start of a two-day bombardment that resulted in the surrender of Fort Sumter by Union Troops.

I took quite a few pictures but WiFi is very slow tonight so I won't be able to download them until we have better Wifi.

I'm sending this tonight as we leave S. Carolina early tomorrow morning and drive we hope to the North Carolina/Virginia border - stay overnight and then on into Virginia on Monday to visit Melissa's brother for one day, stay overnight and head out to Massachusetts.

So as soon as we get a good WiFi connection, I'll continue this post.

Excuse any spelling errors as google blog spell check does not want to work tonight.

We had dinner in downtown Charleston at a place called The Blind Tiger Pub - great pub food - I  had one of the best BBQ smoked pulled pork sandwiches I've ever had ( and I've had a lot of them) --- Melissa had a Strip Steak sandwich which she said was GREAT!!!!!

Later y'all------------------------------------------------

JR    :>)