This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, May 20, 2012

FORT SUMTER

Yo - as promised some photos of Fort Sumter.



Fort Sumter experienced one of the longest sieges in modern warfare.  For almost 2 years, 46,000 shells, estimated at more than seven million pounds of metal, were fired at Fort Sumter






















The walls of the Fort were 5 - 7 feet thick!!!!!!!  After 2 years of constant bombardment they finally started to crumble - they were also 50 -55 feet HIGH!!!!!!


This is the inside of the Blind Tiger Pub we ate in after returning from the Fort



This is my date for dinner - my DW Melissa


JR   :>)