This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, May 13, 2012

Charleston SC

Yo my friends,

We we have arrived in Charleston SC!!  A one week stay ahead of us!!!!
We stayed in Savannah GA last nite in a Camping World parking lot for free, and had electrical hookup.  Camping World is a very large seller of all types of RV products as well as RV's and they also rent RV's.  Most of their stores will allow Rv's to stay the nite for free - based on space.

For our dinner, I cooked hamburgers ( in the parking lot - beside our RV ) on our Weber Q-100 table top gas grill - toasted buns and all - Hmmmmmmm GOOD!!!

I really like Camping World as they are convenient and there prices are quite competitive.  Some folks think they are expensive and prefer other on-line vendors.  Camping World is always having a sale and quite often reduces shipping to a flat $5 and their stores are very well stocked - so Camping World is my choice of where to shop to our RV needs.
Last nite we saved $30 - $35 on a campground fee and that was compliments of Camping World.

The RV park we are in now has about 300 spaces -lots of grass and quite a # of shade trees.  I would say about 100 spaces are occupied.  The beaches are about a 15minute drive down the road which will be nice as we can spend the morning or afternoon or for that matter all day at the beach.

We have a couple of side tourist type days planned to see some of the old plantations as well as a cruise.

I hope to get back into my painting this week and do a couple of pieces and Melissa will get back into her writing if the spirit moves her.  Soooooo all is good - sort of an off/on showery day today but that's good in that we can rest and do laundry.  We just finished 4 loads of laundry!!!!!

We are having problems with our levelers again so the manufacturer has decided to take them out and replace them with a whole new system which will take place when we are in New England for two weeks during Memorial Day.  They have been very responsive to our problem - tried a couple of fixes and now they will replace.

Our replacement GPS was waiting for us at the RV park when we arrived today so we need to get that fired up!!!!

Later my friends -I will try to blog each day as the WiFi here is good!!!!


JR    :>)