This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, May 22, 2012

New Jersey

Yo Blog Buddies,

Well, after a not quite so good start to the day, we are now in Clarksboro New Jersey in The Timberlane RV Park.  It's a nice park, 80 spaces - a pool- WiFi - cable TV - a fishing pond and 2 batting cages!!!!

Now back to this morning - or actually last night!!!

Rain has been following us for 3 days now and we've had occasional showers - WELL last night we got a violent rain storm that lasted ALL NIGHT - trust me because the both of us were awake ALL NIGHT!!!!!  It was a very hard rain and it just kept on coming!!

Around 5 this morning it stopped and became only a drizzle.

We headed out for I-95N and saw a flashing sign regarding a backup and accident on I-95N.   We could see the backup from our approach to I-95 and it was bumper to bumper as far as the eye could see.  So we turned around and stopped in a shopping center and got mochas and a treat.  After waiting an hour, we went back to I-95 and most of the backup was gone - so off we went down the hi-way.

The drive was not a good one in the sense that there is a lot of repair work being done on I-95 in VA.  The drivers in VA are very "road rage" induced and drive at very high speeds.  The same thing held true for Maryland - and Delaware.

To add to this, none of these states are all that interesting and the scenery is nothing to write home about and the weather was rain and drizzle the whole way!

I can now say with complete certainty that I will NEVER drive in these 3 states EVER AGAIN!!!!!  PERIOD!!!!!!

We grew up and lived in New England - me for 55 years and Melissa for 45 years.
I can say that I'm not a big fan of New England - on average the weather is not very good - regardless of the season - although August and October can be pretty nice.  I've never found the people to be overly friendly and it can be very expensive!
Sooooo why are we headed for New England?  Well - simple - my DW Melissa loves New England - she loves a rainy day - the fog - the chill in the air in autumn - a mildly warm day in the summer 75 degrees. 
I do not like rain at all - the fog is not something I would go look for - I do not like cold or chilly days and I like sunshine with blue skies and temps 80 - 85+
Soooooooo why New England?????   As I said my DW Melissa loves a rainy day - the fog-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will I enjoy New England - of course I will - I enjoy being with my DW - it's that simple!!!
She enjoys it and I like to see her enjoy it.

She spent 7 years in Arizona because I love the desert and the desert weather - so a few weeks in New England - I can do that standing on my head!!!!!!!

OK - listening to the nightly news, I believe we will get some rain showers tonight and into tomorrow.  Rain in the morning can complicate things as there are several outdoor chores to do before we can drive off to the next destination.

Hook up the car to the tow bars on the back of the RV
Disconnect the cable TV connection
Disconnect the fresh water feed
Disconnect the electrical
Dump the holding tanks

Doing these chores in the rain is no fun - especially for someone like me who does not like rain at all!!!!!  :>(

However this is part of the life of Rv-ers and one just needs to step up to the plate and get it done!!!!!

We are due in Massachusetts on Thursday for a one week stay at an RV Park in Littleton MA.  It will be nice once again to stay put for 7 days - no driving day after day and no need to spend $100+ a day on GAS!!!!!!

So tomorrow we will get within striking distance of Littleton MA. and cruise in during the early afternoon on Thursday!!!

Y'all take care Y'hear!!!!!


JR      :>)