This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, May 14, 2012

CHARLESTON SC

Yo my friends,

Well we went into Charleston this morning and I have to say it is a very, very beautiful city - small - more like a town.  Lots of history and most of all what we saw was pride in a city and a culture.  You won't find graffiti, you won't find litter - you WILL find a very clean city with beautiful architecture and some of the friendliest and proudest people on God's little earth!

We just loved it - scouted out a couple of restaurants for my B'day treat and tomorrow we are going back into the city to check out a couple more as well as walk around some more.

We went into the French Quarter and there are more art galleries there than you can possibly go into!!!  The art is FIRST CLASS FINE ART!!!!  A lot of the art depicts the bright vibrant colors found in this area and as a painter - I just loved the colors and may try my hand at working with some of them.







A Carnival cruise ship was in port today






Lots of the historic buildings have natural gas lights on the outside of the building



After our adventure downtown we went out to Kiawah Island beach and relaxed.

Kiawah Island is a private triple gated residential area!  Behind the first gate are the rich people ----- behind the second gate are the very rich people ----- behind the third gate are the movie stars - rock singers etc etc.









Well y'all - tomorrow another adventure - and the big 72 for me - it looks like the Charleston Crab House may win out but two more places to check tomorrow morning which looked nice and featured seafood including crab.

Take care my friends - until next post.

JR    :>)