This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, May 5, 2012

Japanese Tea Garden

Good Morning,

Well - yesterday we went to the Japanese Tea Garden and although there have been many changes and updates done over the past 50 years, I have to say that I remembered the entrance and the nice tea house that greets the visitors.

I also have to say that I was just has impressed with the beauty of the Tea Gardens as I was 50 years ago - it is truly a beautiful place to visit - so peaceful - quiet and the flowers are fantastic to view.

The entrance has the wording Chinese Garden carved in a wood.  WHY?????
Well this took place during a time when the world sentiment to the Japanese was at an all time low due to the war.  The Japanese husband and wife with their two children who owned and lived in the "Tea House" were removed and sent to California to one of the Interment Camps.  A very sad story and certainly it crushed the lives of theses harmless people.





I still cannot get pictures to load so I'm going to refer you to my DW's blog.
Just click on the following link for her post on the Japanese Tea Garden


She was able to get her pictures to post and she is a much better photographer than I and of course she is a better writer than I.

JR  :>)