This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, May 5, 2012

WE'RE ON THE ROAD AGAIN!!!!

Yo my friends,

Well on Sunday morning (tomorrow) we will be leaving the San Antonio area.  We are leaving 2 days earlier than scheduled as we feel we have seen all we wanted to see and by leaving earlier we can make a stop over in New Orleans for 2 nights.

Our stay in San Antonio has been absolutely beautiful and I was so glad to come back here after a 50 year absence.  San Antonio tugs at my heart strings - sort of like an old girl friend.  (Believe me - my old girlfriends are really old now!!!)

One other thing we did the other day, on the recommendation of a blog viewer we went to the Greenhouse Gallery in Alamo Heights (just outside of San Antonio) The gallery is quite famous on the gallery circuit and they had a wonderful exhibit - a collection of the juried works of many, many artists.  We noticed one name Becky Joy, a wonderful artist I exhibited with in Scottsdale and Phoenix AZ. We did many shows together.  She had two pieces in the exhibit and one of them sold!!!!

So we head out early in the morning on Sunday 5/6 for Houston TX for a one night stop over and then onto Lafayette Louisiana for one night and then to New Orleans for 2 nights and then onto Pensacola FL for one night, to Tallahassee FL for one night, to Jacksonville FL for one night, to Savannah GA for 1 night and then on into Charleston SC (our final destination) for a 1 week stay.  PHEW!!!!!!  NOW that is a ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!

Traveling and stopping for one night is not really to our liking but being NEWBIES we did not calculate distances - driving times vs miles very well.  When places such as MapQuest and others calculate the driving time from point A to point B, they figure an average of 65MPH - Welllllllllll we in the Dreamcatchers RV only average about 50 - 52 miles per hour.  I would never dare travel 65 MPH in a 31' - 14,500 LB RV towing a 2,700 car!!!!!!!!  THAT IS JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!!!!

So we make adjustments as we go along - such as leaving San Antonio 2 days early and arriving in S. Carolina one day late.

Soooooo we learn as we go and soon we will be able to better calculate our travel time and make plans accordingly and turn one night stops into two or three night stops on the way to stopping for a week or longer.

Our brand spanking new $650 GPS crapped out on us!!!!!  We've spoken to the company and we need to return it to them and they will send us a brand new unit.  For some reason that does not put my mind at ease, as the first one was a brand new unit!!!

We will have the new unit shipped to the RV park in SC so it should be waiting for us when we get there -------- if indeed we get there without the use of a GPS!!!!!!  :>)

Well, I won't have time to send this blog post tomorrow morning so I will sent it tonight.

I will post during our up coming "PHEW" journey - WiFi permitting - so in the meantime  stay cool and remember "as long as you are moving - you are going someplace!"

JR       :>)