This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, May 25, 2012

New England = RAIN

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

Well first morning wake up in New England and Yep - YOU guessed it - patter patter of rain on the roof.  When we made our travel itinerary out about 7 months ago I knew we would be spending several weeks in New England.  Having lived in NE for 55 years, I was well aware of the weather.  We moved to the Southwest 12 years ago because of the weather in NE - rainy, snowy, cloudy, ice storms etc etc.

I had a saying when we lived here:

"It's Memorial day - it rained ---- It's 4th of July - it rained - Summer is over!!!!!!!!!!!"

It has been my observation that GLOOMY weather produces GLOOMY people.  I have always found the folks in NE to be GLOOMY.  It is a proven fact that people feel better, are happier and live better in a warm sunny climate.

So for about 7 - 8 months, I've been mentally preparing myself for a bout of the NE GLOOMIES.  I've convinced myself that it will not rain or be cloudy all the time and when those sunny days do come, they will all the more enjoyable!

Today will be a good day to read - we've got our kindles loaded up with books so reading will be part of the day today.  We also have to find a grocery store and stock up on some food as well as a trip to Sam's Club.  My sister-in-law said there was a Trader Joe's in Worcester so we need to locate that as well.

The school musical we went to last night was great and our niece did a great job with her solo - our other niece was in the chorus as well as playing the flute in the band.  Tonight - weather permitting we are going to a school baseball game - both of our nieces play for the school team.

Sooooo all in all it looks like a nice day - weather aside - we will still enjoy ourselves.

Take care and enjoy your day and I think today would be a good day to smile at and say YO to a few people.

JR   :>)