This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, February 16, 2013

BOCA GRANDE IV - GULF COLOR

Yo my blog buddies,

This was done very-very quickly wet into wet - Alla prima - using both a palette knife and a brush - it is sort of a combination of loose and semi-abstract.  the sky, the palm fronds and ocean were done with brush and the palm trunks and sand was done with palette knife.

The Gulf of Mexico produces some very wonderful color in its reflections from "local color" that is the color surrounding the waters.  Squinting is the best way to see this extraordinary color - also if you have a very active imagination you can actually see colors that are merely in your minds eye.

:>)

I did not take progress photos of this one because I was working too fast to stop and play around
with the camera and before I knew it I was done and thought - "OH CRAP - no progress pictures!"
Well - GEE WHIZZ  Most of you know the drill by now!~

BOCA GRANDE VI - GULF COLOR
11 X 14 ON HEAVY LINEN PAPER



DETAIL OF PALM S & SAND

Notice the smooth brush strokes of the sky and water as compared tot he palette knife strokes of the palm trunks and sand.


MORE DETAIL OF PALMS AND SAND



Well the journey down the path of loose - semi abstract is a lot of fun and I shall continue on it for a few more days and then perhaps switch over to still life pieces done loosely with a touch of semi abstract.  I need to find some pieces I can pose for still life painting as all my items are in storage in Santa Fe NM!!!!!  :>(

Have a good day my friends the beginning of a wonderful weekend for y'all!!!!!!

JR        :>)