This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, February 8, 2013

OK - I'M BACK!!

Hello blog buddies

OK - I've finished throwing paint around and this is what I came up with.

7x 5 on canvas panel wet into wet with juicy globs of Chroma Interactive acrylics using a palette knife and some brush work - done in abut 7 minutes - with lots of gusto.

Completed too quickly to take progress photos - I was done so quickly I didn't even know I was done!!!!!!!


DETAIL


This was done alla prima - wet into wet with a palette knife and lots of juicy Chroma Interactive acrylics - swipes of gusto and as usual - caution thrown to the wind!

I start with the outline of three palm trunks - BAM throw those suckers in real quick like!


Next I throw some basic color in and indications of jungle "STUFF" in the BG


My next step is to slap on some palm trunk color and to exaggerate the side of the trunks so they look real - a palette knife is great for slapping paint on!


OK so I don't give away any of my painting secrets - I throw on the palm fronds and and spruce up the trunks and slap in a FG and BAM -- DONE!!!!!!



DETAIL



OK - I'm done for the day - Melissa should be home soon from the yoga studio and we nee to go food shopping - later DUDES!!!!


JR     :>)