This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, February 5, 2013

HAPPY TUESDAY 2/5/13

YO MY BLOG BUDDIES,

Wellllllllll Melissa is teaching Yoga this morning so I threw together 2 very quick paintings so with no further delay I shall present these to you my good friends.

"FUNKY PALM"
8 x 210 on canvas panel
Painted with a palette knife and very quickly with stokes of gusto

OK - let's begin

First i throw in a BG and then the palm tree trunk
As I say this is done very quickly with a palette knife and swipes of passion, gusto and quickness


Next I throw in the location of the palm fronds - again, no pre-thought to this process



Next I juice up the palm fronds with color and call it DONE!!!!! 


Some detail for my anal buddies



Moving along, I went directly from Florida to the Sangre de Christo Mountains in Santa Fe NM
We lived in Santa Fe for 5 years and I loved the mountains and loved to go up there and paint.  We used to go on picnics and I'd paint and Melissa would read-write and of course snooze!!!!   :>)

So this is 

"AUTUMN IN THE SANGRE de CHRISTOS"
 12 X 9 ON HEAVY LINEN PAPER

This was also done with a palette knife and some minor brush work-  Done wet into wet very
quickly with caution thrown out the window!!!!

OK ---- off and running

First using the palette knife, I throw in two pine trunks and 1 aspen trunk.  After applying the paint I use my hair comb to put bark texture onto the pine trunks.  A very effective way and very easy and quick way to simulate pine trunk texture.  :>)




I then add some some color to the trunks with both brush and palette knife and put in the indication of a forest behind the trunks


Next I throw in the indication of Autumn ground cover and call it DONE



For my anal buddies - some detail


Well, that's it for today - now I rest!!!!!!

JR     :>)