This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, February 14, 2013

THE ROAD TO SEMI-ABSTRACT No. II

Yo my friends,

Happy Thursday to y'all!

Well, Melissa is at the yoga studio teaching 2 classes this morning so I once again decided to THROW paint at my easel.

I'm trying to go down the painting road of semi-abstract which of course means different things to different people.  HOWEVER - my painting hand once again seems to be controlling my mind in that I have yet to produce something that I would call semi abstract.  Therefore I feel I have to look at these first attempts as the beginning of the road and I have to work on allowing my emotions to control my hand and this will take time - but in the meantime I'm having fun preparing for this journey.

OK - enough jibber-jabber!!!!

11 x 14 on heavy linen paper - painted with a palette knife and minor brush work - wet into wet - Alla prima with gusto and freedom of strokes.

"ON SHORE WINDS"
11 X 14

First I once again put two lines on the canvas - one for the horizon and one for the shoreline


Now in one fell swoop I throw in the sky - using a palette knife loaded with blobs & globs of paint make this a very fast and easy process


I now add the ocean




Next I throw in the palm trunk using several colors loaded onto the palette knife



Close up of palm trunk



OK - time to throw in the palm fronds and to wrapped this painting up


BAM-BAM-BAM

WE HAVE A PAINTING





DETAIL OF FRONDS AND TRUNK

IT IS EASY TO SEE THE LEVEL OF CHUNKINESS THE PALETTE KNIFE BRINGS TO THE SURFACE OF THE CANVAS - OF COURSE THE PALETTE KNIFE IS LOADED WITH LOTS OF THICK JUICY PAINT!


Hope you enjoy this posting and I'm determined to continue on this road to semi-abstract and it is just a case of mind over matter with a break through allowing the emotions to control the painting process.  Just a matter of time.

Enjoy the day - it's a cloudy one here with chances of off and on showers the next couple of days.
We have been in Punta Gorda since November 1 and it has only rained a small portion of 2 days during this time.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!

JR   :>)