This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, February 17, 2013

LATER SUNDAY 2/17/13

YO DUDES!!!!

Well chilly and windy out - we actually have a wind chill factor - UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Sooooooo Melissa is writing ( mostly snoozing!!!!!)  I made us pancakes for breakfast and then Melissa started writing and I went into the studio.  WELL - HOLY CRAP!!!!!  I gotta tell youse guys that I decided to do a still life and keep it tighter as compared to looser and HOLY CRAP-----

I WAS BORED TO DEATH!!!!!!!  Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In addition my hands are all cramped up - I had to stand on one hand to get the cramp out!!!!

I'm going to try one more, but it will be all palette knife and it will not have any detail in it - as it will be: 

LOOSE AND SEMI ABSTRACT

DETAIL PAINTING IS NOT MY THANG!!!!!

I will show it to you but be prepared to be bored into a coma!!!!

Done on heavy linen paper - wet into wet - brush and a little palette knife work and a boring - boring experience!!  :>(


OPPOSITE POINTS OF VIEW
14 x 11

I did a drawing on this one - which is sort of a mistake - as soon as you do a drawing instead of a sketch you are headed for a detail painting - 
I start by throwing in 2 apples with stems facing the opposite way thus the title
(for those of you who did not get it :>)



Time to paint the vase various shades of green - the light source is coming from the left - therefore the left side is lighter and the right side is in shadow


By this time I'm almost asleep - I miss my palm trees and my swooshes and dabbing!!
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

 Detail of vase and apples - BORING!!!!!


I put some reflected color in the FG - sort of in a watercolor style just to liven things up a bit for myself - YAWN!!!!!!


OK  - ENOUGH OF THE BRUSHY-BRUSHY DETAIL CRAP-----
I'M GETTING OUT MY PALETTE KNIFE AND TRY TO BRING PUT SOME LIFE INTO THIS - I'M HALF ASLEEP FROM BOREDOM - SO I WILL CLOSE THE CURTAINS AND DO MY SECRET FINISHING TECHNIQUES!!!!!

BAM-BAM-BAM

BOOM

NOW IT HAS LIFE!!!!!!

I attacked the background with my trusty palette knife as well as the foreground and put some movement into the painting and  SWOOSHES OF COLOR - I'm awake now and I feel much better  :>)



SOME DETAIL FOR MY "INQUISITIVE" BUDDIES




Well i have to say for the most part this was a chore - up until the last 5 minutes when I started throwing paint around like a wild man and swooshing my trusty palette knife over the canvas!!!!  I felt like I was having a sword fight with my canvas!!!!!
LOVE IT!!!!!

Enjoy the day my friends - I need to rest now!!!!!!!

JR     :>)