This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, February 4, 2013

SUNRISE REFLECTIONS

Yo buddies,

Well, the other day I threw some paint onto a canvas with nothing in mind - which is pretty much a constant state of mind for me   :>) 

This is what it looked like:


Well my sub-conscious must have been semi conscious and had something pictured in the section of the brain reserved for "LATER!"

I took a day off on Sunday and started painting this morning.

Wellllllllll the last couple of mornings we have had what I call "pastel sunrises."  This is where the colors of the sunrise are sort of pale and pastel in look.  the sunrise has been filled with very light blues and pinks and light orange and purple so when I woke up this morning and saw another "Pastel Sunrise" --- I knew what I had to do with the blob I started a couple of days ago.




This is what I started this morning and finished this morning


"SUNRISE REFLECTIONS"
14 X 11

This was done alla prima - wet into wet with quickness of brush

First I throw in a sky and ocean with the pastel like color that we have been seeing for a few mornings



You can still see part of the beginning BLOB in the bottom portion above

Some closeups of said such pastel colors




Some closeups of the palm trees I threw in




The finished painting



Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did when painting it.

have a great day my friends.


JR      :>)