This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, February 1, 2013

ROYAL SENTINELS

Yo my friends,

Well, another quiet day today - it's a tad chilly out there - a cold front came through and its not quite 60 degrees yet - at 11:30 am.

Melissa is starting to put our income tax info together and do a rough pass at what it is looking like.
She likes that accounting stuff so I'll leave that to her.  She got her masters degree in Finance so she is right at home with numbers!

I decided to do a painting:

12 x 9 on Heavy Linen paper done with just a tad of gusto and a slight amount of looseness.  They were painting wet into wet all prima, with a mixture of detail and looseness.

These are royal palms and they have a rather smooth-ish trunk surface compared to most palm trees.  The street going to the entrance of our condo community is lined on both sides with these elegant palms - it is just beautiful.  They make a very stately appearance and are often used in landscaping.

Nice sunny day with very bright sunshine coming in from the left.  The trunks of the Royal Palms are various shades of light grey-ish color and in the bright sunshine they pickup a strong reflection of white on the sunny side and some local color on the shaded side.  The local color in this case being the reflection of the ocean colors.

"ROYAL SENTINELS" 


DETAIL




Down is southwest Florida where we are, on the bright - bright sunny days the sand picks up a pinkish tint.

Hope you enjoyed.


JR      :>)