This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, February 16, 2013

LITTLE CHILLY THIS MORNING

Yo my friends,

We normally go for a walk most mornings except on the mornings that Melissa is teaching yoga - Wed. & Thur HOWEVER - we have a cold front on the way and it was only 58 this morning at 7am so we will move our walk to later this afternoon when it warms up a bit.  Tonight the forecast is for 38 degrees here in Punta Gorda - OMG - Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Well need to bring our plants in tonight!!!!!

Soooooo while my DW Melissa is working on the sequel to The Christmas Village to be hopefully published later this year I shall throw some more paint at my easel.

I think I'm reaching a point where my looseness is about where I want it - however the semi abstract component is not quite where I want it to be.

This is 14 x 11 on heavy linen paper done with palette knife - conservation of strokes and done with lots of gusto and emotion - wet into wet - alla prima - using of course my most favorite paint in the whole world - Chroma Interactive acrylics.  This is very juicy thick paint very much the consistency of oil paints ( without the stink and mess of oils ) and it is ideal for palette knife work.

BOCA GRANDE No. V - THE LOOSE SIDE
BREEZES PICKING UP
 14 X 11

OK - we begin with a sky and the start of an ocean tossed in very quickly with lots of paint using a palette knife



Next we finish up the ocean 


Detail of ocean - lots of quick juicy palette knife strokes - the quicker the stroke and the straighter the blade is kept along the surface, the more marbleized color you get - pretty cool EH!
( That's Canadian talk!!! ) 


Next I toss in the three palm trunks



Closeup of trunk detail




OK - time to finish this up so I pull down the shades so the finishing process cannot be seen!!! 

BAM-BAM-BAM

WE HAVE A PAINTING




Palm tree detail


Hope you enjoyed this demo - as much as I enjoyed doing it.  I know there are some people out there who do not like LOOSE - EXPRESSIVE - BORDERLINE SEMI ABSTRACT paintings but HEY - I really enjoy them and I feel they are the style I most like and want to work in.

There is a saying in the painting world

"Less is More"

I represent that!!!!

Soooo those of you who do not like this style I hope you continue to frequent my blog and perhaps develop an understanding of this style and perhaps an appreciation of what the style represents.

JR     :>)