This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, November 6, 2012

No Rain Yet - so I paint

Yo my friends,

Well, it looks like it wants to rain but we only got a couple of drops - so I decided to paint anyways!!!

As most of you know, I love to paint pears so that was the exercise of this this morning.

First I would like to show you the pool that our friends in Punta Gorda have in a screened in lanai attached to the back of their house:


A canal runs along behind their house


OK. now for the pears - this is 9 x 12 done wet into wet very quickly on a canvas sheet.




I love to paint stems


"ODD MAN OUT"
9X12 ON CANVAS SHEET


 The background around and above the pears is not painted - it is just raw untouched canvas and I will most likely leave it that way as it provides a bright background for the pears to be against.
Some times backgrounds in certain still life paintings IMHO confuse the painting and the eye of the viewer.  The bright colors of the pears and the shadows cast by the pear I feel holds the painting together for the viewer and a BG is not needed.

Now that is just my opinion and since I'm the artist and it's my painting, that's the way it is going to stay!!!!!  :>)

Have a great day my friends - we are meeting with a RE Broker this afternoon - the Broker who found and sold the house to our friends Nancy & Wayne - We'll see where this journey takes us.

JR      :>)