This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, January 23, 2013

GULF REFLECTIONS No. II

Yo blog buddies,

Well I decided to do another real quick "Throw the paint around" painting of another palm tree.  This one contains more palette knife work than the first one and is perhaps a tad more towards the LOOSE side which is where I'm most comfortable.  Again I'm trying to get my style to be just on the good side of sloppy!!!!!  As always, this was done using Chroma Interactive acrylics with a big brush and palette knife.

GULF REFLECTIONS No. II
14 x 11 CANVAS PANEL

OK!!!!!!  Once again caution is thrown to the wind and with big brush and palette knife I toss in a back ground - when I say toss in, that is exactly what I mean - using random non-thought out strokes with the brush and palette knife - nothing is pre conceived and color is not pre determined - I just grab what ever color is close.  I use the palette knife to give indications of palm like fronds in the background and ground cover in the foreground.

With big brush and palette knife I throw in the trunk



OK - I'm working very, very quickly wet into wet so I don't have a lot of time to chew the fat and explain what I'm doing and how I'm doing it - besides which it's my secret and if I tell you how I do things you'll start painting and never return to my blog because you would become an artist using my methods and WE CAN'T LET THAT HAPPEN!!!!!!

SO -- QUICK IS QUICK 
BAM!!!!!!!!!!!
WE HAVE A PAINTING!!!!!


While i won't give away my secrets as to how I do things, I'll show youse guys some close up photos and if you can figure out my methodology then more power to you.





Hope you enjoyed this presentation and remember 

BRING AN OPENED MIND TO THE TABLE AND REALIZE THAT USING A CONCEPT OF "LESS IS MORE"  LOOSE PAINTING IS HERE TO STAY AND AS I SAY

IF YOU WANT A PERFECT PALM TREE WITH ALL THE CORRECT COLORS

GO BUY A CAMERA!!!!!

I plan on doing a series of these perhaps 6 of them or maybe 99 :>)  

Enjoy the day my friends and live HAPPY!

JR    :>)