This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, January 26, 2013

GULF REFLECTIONS No. V

Good morning blog buddies,

Yesterday ( Friday ) I did another palm tree painting - YA I KNOW ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!

WELL MY FRIENDS "PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT - OR AT LEAST CLOSE TO IT!!!!!"

"GULF REFLECTIONS"
12 X 9 ON HEAVY LINEN PAPER

This was done quickly but not quite as quickly as the previous ones.  LESS caution was thrown to the wind!!!
The reason being - the palm fronds were done with a fan brush using a "dry brush" method.  That is to say that the brush was hardly wet and needed to be wiped off frequently.  This provides very dry and individual paint marks as compared to a wet brush that has no breaks in the appearance of the paint on the surface.

As you can see, the palm fronds have more "DETAIL" to them as compared to the 4 previous paintings.



DETAIL

Looser painting style was used for the BG, the trunks and the FG.  This mix of loose & detail is intended to stimulate viewer visual interest. 


The dry brush method also gives the sense of movement to the fronds. 


I just got some larger heavy linen paper 18 x 24 so of course I'm biting at the bit to use it for----------
YOU GUESSED IT ----- A PALM PAINTING!!!!

Enjoy the day my friends and enjoy the weekend.


JR     :>)