This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

RED SKY AT NIGHT - SAILOR'S DELIGHT --------------

Yo my blog buddies,

Well Melissa is teaching yoga this morning so I'm going to throw some paint around!!!!

"RED SKY AT NIGHT - SAILOR'S DELIGHT
RED SKY AT MORNING - SAILORS TAKE WARNING"

24 X 18 ON Heavy linen paper - done quickly wet into wet - Alla Prima

First I slap in the sky using my big 2" brush and 3 colors of red


Next I slap in the horizon line using the ocean as the separation


Now I throw in the ocean using blues and greens and reds and orange





Next I lay in 3 palm tree trunks and when finished the one on the left will break the horizon this will give distance to the painting


The last step is to lay in the palm fronds with gusto and very quick strokes




My point-pray-shoot camera does not do a great job picking up some colors and red is one of them - so if the red sky looks a tad orange - TRUST ME - it is quite red!!!!

Hope you enjoyed this - have a great week.



JR       :>)