This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, January 24, 2013

GULF REFLECTIONS No. III

Good morning blog buddies,

Well - Melissa is at the yoga studio so I decided to do another quick palm painting.  We have several palms outside our condo so this is one of them as seen through my eyes and my hand.

I forgot to take "in process" photos as I was totally engulfed in the process and of course was working very quickly wet into wet.  Plus it was a tad chilly this morning - 59 degrees!!!!  So this in and of itself forced me to work very, very quickly!  This is a smaller one then the prior two - those being 14 x 11 and this 10 x 8

Done of course with Chroma Interactive acrylics - big brush and palette knife in the style I love which is one step removed from sloppy.  Again the theory being "less is more" thereby allowing the viewer to become part of the process of completing portions less defined with detail.

I did define the BG with a bit more detail than the 2 prior ones - just to let this one be a bit different from the other two.

"GULF REFLECTIONS No. III"
10 x 8 on canvas panel


DETAIL FOR MY ANAL BUDDIES



Hope you enjoyed this presentation as much as I enjoyed the creation process.

JR        :>)