This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Saturday, January 21, 2012

ASKED TO LEAVE THE SANTA FE NATIONAL CEMETERY

Well my friends, we went for our power walk this morning at The Santa Fe National Cemetery.  About 3/4 of the way through our walk we notice an official looking SUV following along behind us!!!  The driver pulled up, got out and proceed to say:

"As the director of this Cemetery it is my duty and obligation to inform you that any type of exercise of any kind including walking is not permitted in ANY National Cemetery within the United States of America! "

He was boldly pleasant in a very condescending manner - we exchanged a few words, told him what a very stupid rule that is and as a veteran and a tax payer we assumed a right to come into the cemetery and walk the grounds in a very reverend manner.

He further said that there were signs throughout the Cemetery explaining this policy.   Well we've been walking over there for 3 months now and never- never have we seen any signs other than "Floral Policy" and "Funeral Procession Stop Here"
On the Nationl Cemetery website there are no restrictions listed.

Can you tell me all of the vistors to the Arlington National Cemetary are in violation of this LAW!!! 

He informed us we could write our Congresman if we so chose!

Well we will be writting our Congressman, Governor, the Veteran Administration (who is in charge of the National Cemeteries, the local Santa Fe newspaper, and perhaps the President of the United States.

The "DIRECTOR" of the Cemetary sort of dismissed us and started unloading beer and a case of wine from his Government SUV and we asked if drinking acholol within the confines of a NATIONAL CEMETERY was consider OK as well as being reverent.

"THE DIRECTOR" pointed to a building and said "I live in this building and I CAN DO ANYTHING I WANT!"

Well during our walks we would stop at grave sights and say hello and a quick prayer - if we saw a container of flowers tipped over by the wind - we would upright it,  If we saw a piece of paper on the roadway or near the headstones we would pick it up.

I would suggest that "THE DIRECTOR" pay more attention to the appearance of HIS NATIONAL CEMETERY and less attention to those paying their respects!

Well all good things must come to an end but we will however go down making a NOISE about this.