This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DISTANT ISLAND

Good Afternoon Blog Buddies,

Well - today was laundry day and house cleaning day.  All that stuff is done!
Last night my DW Melissa and I were sitting watching TV and all of a sudden my DW wife lets out a sort of startled sound - not a gasp - not a scream but sort like a muffled groan!!!  Well, long story short,  and I do love short stories, she had noticed a drop of water fall from the ceiling onto the carpet.   Hmmmmmmmm this is not normal!!!!  :>)

We had a few snow showers yesterday but nothing of any volume - well, we are assuming that some ice on the roof had started of melt with the temperatures slightly above (40) freezing.  This is the 2nd roof leak we've had - the first one being in the furnace room - and that was a BIG ONE!!!!

One nice thing about renting is I DO NOT HAVE TO FIX THIS CRAP!!!!!
The not so nice thing is THE ROOF IS LEAKING!!!

Soooooooo we put a plastic tub under the leak and a sponge in the tub for the drips to land on so the splatter would not land on the rug.  I placed a call into the complex answering service and I also sent a computerized request for maintenance to the leasing agent.
This morning the maintenance man came by and said the roofer would look at it today - YA RIGHT!!!!!!!

Yesterday while I was painting the four bulb ceiling fan light, ( I hate lights on a ceiling fan - tacky-tacky-tacky,) all of a sudden made a rather loud cracking noise - I looked up one bulb was out and smoke was coming from that fixture!  The maintenance man looked at this after he agreed the roof was leaking and said "Oh the fixture just had a short - if I can get to Home Depot today - I'll pick up a new one!"  I did not ask but--------"WHY DID THE FIXTURE HAVE A SHORT????"

The TINY UNIT is clean, in a good section of town and very close to Melissa's work - other than that IT'S NOT HOME!!!!!  We will be moving out on April 1 and headed to Elkhart Indiana to pickup our new RV and we are very excited about that.

Come to think of it ----- WITH EACH DRIP FROM THE LEAKING ROOF WE GET MORE AND MORE EXCITED!!!!

They say "Into each life a little rain must fall."  I guess this is what they mean!  :>)

Sooooooo I decided to start a new painting.  For some reason the words distant island have been ring in my sick little mind - so I decided to do another ocean scene and call it---------------------- "DISTANT ISLAND"
This will be 11 x 14 on canvas panel and I'm thinking of doing a non-tropical scene as far as the foliage and ground cover is concerned.

Sooooooo with that in mind I threw in the sky and that's as far as I've gotten because  I think I need a nap and then hope to go for a walk when my DW Melissa comes home.

Soooooooo until next time following is a photo of my effort thus far:


Excuse me I think the lady in the fourth row - 3rd seat in from my right has a question.
Excuse me --------- you want to know where the island is - you don't see one.

This may be an island such as the one in LOST in that it can move and can disappear.

Well on that note I shall close for today and until next time---------

JR  :>)