This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

CHANGE OF MIND

Hellos Blog Buddies,

I'm back all in the same day!  I forgot my DW Melissa had a Yoga function to go to this evening so she won't be home in time for a walk. 
When we last left, I had started a painting I had titled Distant Island.   Well, I normally do not change my mind once I determine a title for a painting which I most always do before I start the painting.  In this way, my mind set is honed in on the title and that in fact does have a bearing on how I construct the painting and the intensity of my brush strokes.
Well after my last demo ended - I was cleaning up and the woman who had the question about not seeing the island came up to me and started a conversation.  Seems she did not like the title Distant Island and after listening to her reasons (which I promised not to divulge,) I have decided to change the title to "Distant Horizon."
Hey - what can I say - I'm an old softy and I must say her reasoning sort of touched me. 

Sooooo since NO WALK - here we go with the finish of:

"Distant Horizon"
11 x 14 on canvas panel

When we left off, we had gotten this far.


Soooo my buddies what we ( I ) need to do now is throw in the ocean, the waves and the FG which I think will now be the surf moving towards the shore.
Since the painting title is now directed towards the Horizon - we ( I ) need to make the Horizon very dark in order to get some distance realized in the eye of the viewer.
I think I have developed the visual sense of distance in the horizon as well and starting the ocean to come forward with the addition of some distant wave activity.  The distant wave activity consists of 'un-touched slices" of the Linen paper surface.  I applied no paint to these slices.



OK now I need to develop some closer FG wave action with a couple of waves parallel to the horizon which to my eye will give the illusion of the scene "stepping forward."  That's a painting term I made up!  :>)

I was going to copyright it but I figure no one will use it but me!



Now that we have the beginning of a nice wave - I will develop it into a
REALLY-REALLY-REALLY NICE WAVE!!!
At the same time I will develop the surf moving towards the shoreline (which will not be visible in the painting.)
Additionally I will develop some splashing effects as I feel a wave of this size would create splashes at the beginning of the shore line.

This will pretty much finish up this painting but first, because I can----------

I digress---------- did you ever go to the ocean and stand back just far enough that the breaking waves would ALMOST reach your toes as they started to stop their forward progression???

OF COURSE YOU DID!!!!  That's what kids do when they go to the ocean.  :>)

BUDDA BING - BUDDA BOOM

"DISTANT HORIZON"




Now for my "ATTENTIVE BUDDIES"

How he do dat?



Hope you enjoyed this demo and I actually want to thank the lady who asked for the change in the original title - I think it perhaps made it a better painting as the story behind her request certainly did bring about more of my artistic emotion.

Later my friends and remember ----------- damn I FORGET!!!!!!!

JR   :>)