This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Friday, January 13, 2012

MENAGE A TROIS COMPLETED

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

Well after doing a minor chore this morning (unplugging the bathtub/shower drain) I quickly filled up my water containers with nice cold filtered water and stood in front of Mr. ED my easel.  I had a goal and the was to finish Menage a Trois!!!!
A lot of water based painters (the purists) will  not paint with anything but DISTILLED WATER!!  I just can't be this PURE - it really goes against who I am!!!

Let me digress as I always explain it is MY BLOG and I can digress if I so choose - and at the moment I so choose!!!!  :>)

I love to paint plein air - HOWEVER that said --- which I just said I do not like it when people congregate around me and Mr. ED and start asking questions and making comments like "I wonder why he does it that way??"  My teacher says ----- blah.blah.blah!!!!  EVERYBODY IS A FRIGGIN PAINTER!!!!!
If I come across a plein air painter in my travels I stand an acceptable distance back and I observe - and most importantly  keep my mouth SHUT!!!!!

There was (he died) a plein air painter in Ogunquit Maine who painted every day as long as it was not raining.  He had a sandwich board printed on both sides with the most common questions asked!!!!  He also ended the Q&A's with a statement  NOW PLEASE ------ DO NOT ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS!!!!

Not being able to cart a sandwich board around with me - I use sort of a scare tactic!!

This is a decal that is very visible on my easel and people for the most part tend to STAND AWAY FROM THE EASEL!!!



However I will say that one time this back fired as I was painting plein air in the community of Ogunquit Maine which has a very high population in the summer of Gay people.  A young man came up and stood beside me and I have to believe that he really liked what the sign said and although I politely ignored him I tend to believe he was quite willing to buy me lunch!

Any hoooooooo - I finished Menage a Trois with lots of spontaneity and gusto of stroke and in my enthusiasm I did not take many pictures of the finishing process so this will just be a pictorial of the finished product.


****THIS PAINTING HAS BEEN SOLD****


A few closeups for my ATTENTIVE" blog buddies so they can have fun figuring out
HOW HE DO DAT





Enjoy the day my friends and remember - Never extend an invitation if you don't mean it!

JR   :>)