This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY  BLOG BUDDIES,

This was a quiet day for us - just took things easy - went for a nice long walk at the Santa Fe National Cemetery and sat back and enjoyed the day.

One thing that RV-ers like to say is that they want to cut down on "THINGS - STUFF - BELONGINGS - MATERIALISTIC BAGGAGE."

Several years ago my DW and I decided to try and become "MINIMALISTS"  We have a saying "all you have is all you need."  In order to keep myself in check with this approach, I say "all I have is all I'm going to get!!"  Before we go out and buy anything we look around and ask what do we have that will work just as well and DO WE REALLY NEED THAT "THING?" 

Weight can be the enemy of the RV-er.  The chassis of an RV (depending on size) can only carry so much weight.  Our RV is being built on an E-450 chassis which has a weight limit of SAFELY carrying 14,500 pounds.
 
There is the weight of the RV and all it's components and then of course you have to add all your belongings - clothes-pots-pans-plates-silverware-tools-etc etc.  In addition our RV will have a 55 gallon gas tank-a 42 pound propane tank-a 40 gallon fresh water tank-a 36 gallon grey water tank-a 27 gallon black water tank.  On and on - ya got to add ya beach lounge chairs - can't forget those!!!!!!  Water weighs 8-10 pounds per gallon ( facts differ on this), propane weighs 4 - 5 pounds per gallon.  Then of course there is the weight of the gasoline etc etc.  Soooooooooo the best and only way to know you are safe regarding the overall weight being supported by your chassis is to have the RV weighed.  There is also an allowable weight factor per axle so that has to be taken into consideration.  There are 4 wheels on the back axle so that axle can support more weight.

Most people do not bother with weighing - sort of like "I carry what I need!"  One fellow told me - I've never had my RV weighed - just drive slow - around 50MPH and you'll be fine.

Lots of people today turn to RV-ing with the intention of reducing their inventory of materialistic CRAP - however many of them really want all the existing comforts of home and would rather be able to drag their home behind them so they just carry what ever they please.  An overloaded RV is a very dangerous WEAPON on our highways.

Anyhooooo We intend on paying very close attention to our total RV weight side to side - front to back.  As a side note, we have accomplished becoming minimalists!!

Some of the RV-ers on the road today remind me of the Beverly Hillbillies when moving to Beverly Hills with their pickup truck sky high loaded with all their belongings!!
:>) 
I hope and pray that we as a country can turn ourselves around and bring America back to where it belongs.  2012 I pray will be the beginning of this turn around.

My very best to all my friends.

JR  :>)