This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, January 19, 2012

GOOD MORNING MY FRIENDS

Well, today is a nice day - sun is out - not too cold and a nice day for a nice long walk!

Today is also a happy day - some of you may remember my Menage a Trois painting - well I sold that the other day and will deliver it today!!!!

WOO-HOO - NOW WE CAN AFFORD SOME GAS FOR THE RV!!!!!

Our new RV is guesstamated to get between 6 & 10 MPG!!! It is a 10 cylinder Ford E-450 engine.  With gas prices estimated to reach $5.00 per gallon this summer we will need to find ways to cut down on gas usage!!!!

OK - this morning I decided I wanted to do a real - I MEAN REAL quick painting.  Soooooo I said to myself "SELF - what are you going to do?"  I rummaged thru my canvas and painting "substrates"  Hmmmmmmm a painting term - do you know what it relates to in artistic terms - better yet can you spell SUBSTRATES????

I came across a pad of 9 x 12 primed canvas sheets and said WOW!!!!!  I JUST FOUND A GOLD MINE!!!  Or actually a CANVAS MINE!!!  And they are all MINE!!!!  :>)

Soooo I decided to do one of my "no preparation, no pre-planning and no thought what so ever quickies.  I will just proceed forward in my unprepared HIT THE PAVEMENT RUNNING and JUST PAINT IT mode!!!!

First I need to think up a title so my mind is in the right frame as I do not want to be thinking while I paint - IT SPOILS the SPONTANEITY and FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION.  This piece will no doubt be expressionistic with a leaning towards semi-abstract.

The title --------- Hmmmmmmmmm----- "CRAZIE DAZIES"

This will be quick as the "substrate" is small 12 x 9 and the brush is big and this is what I call a "WARM UP" piece ----- Or as some artists like to say "A STUDY" Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo

TIME TO HIT THE PAVEMENT RUNNING!!!!!  :>)

First I throw in what might look like a vase - except I'm the first to admit that it is not proportionally correct and I will also admit that I really don't care as most of it will not show and as I said this will be semi-abstract!!!
I DIGRESS!!!!

I'm sure I mentioned it before but sometimes my CRS flares up so I'll mention it again.
A friend of mine, a professional painter, who is very successful with his work which is mostly in an expressionistic style with a very slight lean at times to semi-abstract.
One day I asked him why he painted in this style - his answer was:

"Because I don't have to be so DAM EXACTING!!!"

Sounds good to me!!!!!!

Remember --- this will be quick as it only took me 20 minutes to paint and this blah-blah-blah explanation TOOK LONGER!!!

OK pavement under feet - GO!

We have one vase!


We have what is starting to look like flowers and leaves ( I think)



We now have what looks MORE like flowers and leaves!



OK - now for some tweaks in color and format and those necessary things (secret) that need to be done to make this visually pleasing and looking like a painting.

BUDDA BING - BUDDA BOOM



OK - NOW FOR MY AN WHOOPS
MY ATTENTIVE BUDDIES

HOW HE DO DAT??????






I digress AGAIN!!!

On several occasions, I've had people ask me

"How long did it take you to do that painting?"

Now you need to understand that people ask this AFTER looking at the price of a painting they may have an interest in purchasing.  What they are really trying to find out is my hourly rate !!!!!

IMHO an hourly rate does not apply to ANY artistic accomplishment!  I'm not a plumber!!!!!!!

My answer is pretty much the same when asked this question, depending on what year it is!

I say "this painting took me 14 years to do or 15 years to do"  Well, you get the idea the # of years I've been painting at the time I'm asked that question is how long it took me to do the painting in question!

So with that in mind, I'm in a very good mood today, in a happy mood today, in a very thankful state of mind today as when all is said and done my DW Melissa and I have a very nice life!  We are getting ready to embark on an RV Journey across this wonderful U S of A and Canada.
I've sold a few paintings over the past few months - My DW has written and published a novel - which by the way is doing very well in sales and if you have not bought it yet - DO IT TODAY!!!!  :>)

Based on the joy and happiness of our life, I can tell you that I've been painting for 18 years - I study painting and I paint and try different processes and techniques at least 4 days a week ------
WHY?????  Because I love to paint!

SO MY BLOG BUDDIES

This 12 x 9 painting is available for -------- TA DA!!!!!!!

$65 plus shipping!!!!!

18 years to do it ---- .20 minutes to paint it - WHAT A GIFT!!!!
I'm like an Elephant - I work for peanuts!!  :>)

It will need to be mounted - matted and framed as it is but a loose piece of 9x12 canvas.

Enjoy the day my friends and do something nice for someone today.

JR  :>)