This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Sunday, January 15, 2012

COMPLETION OF "ON A CLEAR DAY"

Good Afternoon Blog Buddies,

Well my DW Melissa went to Yoga this afternoon so I decided to finish up the painting I had started "On A Clear Day"

This is the point it was at when I stopped yesterday:


What we need to do now is figure out the location of the palm trees and the road map for the beach foliage.  So let's begin!

The palm trees will be painted with a palette knife but first I'll throw them in using a medium size round brush.



They don't have to be fancy as once I start the palette knife application with blobs and globs of paint they will develop their own shape.



A tad more color and texture needs to be applied



Left to do is generate the palm fronds - the grasses- the sand - the shadows - and tweaks here and there.  Palm trees done with palette knife and grasses and sand done with my fan brush.  So following will be a pictorial of this process, Along with close-ups for my "Attentive Blog Buddies" -



OK - HOW HE DO DAT????

PALM TREE TRUNK TEXTURE



OCEAN SURF



PALM TRUNK SHADOW AND MORE TEXTURE



I BELIEVE THIS ONE IS DONE!!!



Well my friends the weekend is over and so starts another week - which brings us one week closer to our departure from our TINY UNIT and into our even SMALLER RV.

Both my DW Melissa and I feel the RV will be nice and cozy, warm & comfy - a place for everything and everything in its place - including me and her!!!

Until next time --------

JR   :>)