This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, January 2, 2012

RV TRIP LEG #1

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

Some of you folks have asked for a clarification of the beginning of our RV Journey.

Following is LEG # 1 of this Journey:

-April 4, 2012 Fly to Elkhart Indiana-pickup our RV from the manufacturer NEXUS
-We will hang around for a few days to get a feel for the operation of the RV
-Onto Council Bluffs Iowa to visit a fellow artist - my good friend Dale
-Return to Santa Fe for a couple of weeks for RV Journey preparation
-May 1 head out to San Antonio TX for a week (I lived in San Antonio - loved it!)
-Next stop Charleston South Carolina for a week
-Next Virginia Beach for a couple of days
-Onto Littleton MA. for a week & visit Melissa's side of family
-Next onto Salisbury Beach for a week and visit my side of family
-Onto Wolfboro NH to visit a lovely lady I worked with for 32 years
-Onto Damariscotta ME. to visit friends in the area (we lived in Maine for a long time)
-From Damariscotta onto Acadia National Park area for a week
-Next onto Nova Scotia for a month at an RV Park over looking the ocean
-From Nova Scotia we cross over to Quebec and stay on Ile d' Orleans for three weeks

Ile d' Orleans is an island in the middle of the St. Lawrence River just off the shores of Old Quebec City - connected by a big bridge.  My DW Melissa and I LOVE this area - it is in fact our PARIS!

I'm already having some pent up fears at driving the RV with car in tow over that

 BIG-TALL-LONG-BRIDGE!!!!  :>(

We leave Ile d' Orleans on August 19 which will start LEG #2 of our RV Journey.

This first leg takes in approximately 6,000 miles and 4 months time.  The 6,000 miles is RV driving miles - we will of course be sightseeing a lot using our Honda Fit which will be towed behind our RV.

As time progresses, I will let you buddies know what RV Journey LEG # 2 will consist of.
A hint - we will be travelling to an area that will provide (we hope) warm winter weather and beaches!!!!  :>)  Our path to this area will include some very pretty country side as well as some places that we have wanted to visit for quite some time now.

Exciting times ahead, with the start of our RV Journey not that far away.  WOO-HOO!!

Later my friends.

JR  :>)