This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Tuesday, February 7, 2012

2 ROSES WITH GRANNIE SMITHS

Yo My Friends,

Well, I decided to start a painting before watching my RV videos.  My DW goes to chanting classes after work today so she will not be home til about 6.  I'll need something to keep me busy this afternoon - so that will be my RV video time!

I have to admit I do not DRAW VERY WELL- I don't like to draw - I find it boring and unnecessary --- I LIKE TO PAINT.  I've really never tried to put time into learning to draw. I like - as you know - loose - emotional - expressive paintings - so to me drawing skills are not necessary.  Most painters would completely disagree - most painters believe drawing skills are fundamental and an absolute MUST.  Too that I say  PHOOEY!!!!  I am not nor do I ever want to be a photo realist - to me that would take the imagination and fun out of painting.  IMHO painting should not be duplication - that is why we have copier machines and cameras.

However I will say that my hat is tipped to those who can draw with any degree of perfection and it works for them which is GREAT but for ME - NOPE -------- I like to be 3 degrees this side of SLOPPY!  :>)

However that said - and I just said it - I draw what I call rough sketches - sort of a road map for my painting trip.  Lately I have been "sketching" my road map using grey paint and a medium size round brush.  So this is how this painting will start out.  This will be 12 x 9 on a single piece of primed canvas, using both a brush and a palette knife.

OK - OFF WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

First a sketch of what I envision - done as I say with a medium size round brush and some grey paint, with not a lot of regard for perfection - it's not needed.  I also throw some green down for the apples.


Next I blend in various shades of blue onto the vase and do some tweaking to the "LEAD APPLE"  The light is coming from the left.



Some more tweaking to the vase and apples




OK - time for the palette knife work (Ya gotta love the palette knife) put in some foliage and also it's time to drop in the stars of the show----

THE ROSES!!!!


To hold the attention of my ANAL WHOOPS MY "ATTENTIVE BUDDIES"
I'll put in one close up of the stars.

HOW HE DO DAT??????



Well ---- this will do it for today as my back is starting to hurt - it must be from all the MOLLY MAID chores I did earlier this morning - so I shall have a yogurt for lunch and take a well earned NAP!!!!

Until next time when I will finish this for youse guys - take life easy and enjoy every breath.

A bit of knowledge I came across and I'll pass on to my friends:

The HOPI American Indians are very peace loving people - very soft spoken, very mild mannered and can see positive benifits in most everything - they have a saying:

Don't worry - BE HOPI  :>)

JR   :>)