This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, February 20, 2012

Hello Blog Buddies

Well, here it is another Monday and we have about 6 more weeks before we leave for Elkhart Indiana to pick up our new home!  WOO-HOO!!!

This means I'VE got 6 - 7 more laundries to do and 6 - 7 more times to clean the TINY UNIT!!  DOUBLE WOO-HOO

OK - time to compete the painting I started the other day B4 I took a couple of days off.  This is the point where we stopped the other day.

This painting will be the complete opposite of the MONOCHROMATIC painting I did earlier this morning.  I don't know what got into me buT my brain and my painting arm wanted to do its own THANG!!!!

This piece "MY COMPLIMENTS" will be completed in my QUICK/SLOPPY style and I would say that this one is about 2 degrees from this side of SLOPPY and I consider it to be SEMI-ABSTRACT - no bout a doubt it!!! :>)

We ended up at this point the other day:


OK - I'm going to finish this piece off with my trusty palette knife MAC!!!
With a touch here and there with my largest brush.


For some reason my brain is not working today as once again I did not take any progress photos - working wet into wet with MAC requires a small amount of concentration - a small amount is about all I'm capable of!!! :>)

BAM - WE ARE DONE!!!




 
DAMN GOOD JOB JR!!!!!

THUMBS UP BABIE!!!!


THANKS - THAT MEANS A LOT ELVIRA

( SHE WAS MY FIRST ART TEACHER - JUST KIDDING - I DON'T EVEN KNOW THIS WOMAN!!!!)

Some how she hacked into my blog!!!!!!  :>(

A critique if I may.  I will most likely go into the painting and add some height to the blue vase on the left as the painting is
TOO BALANCED" with the left and right vases being the same height!

MY BAD!!!

OK now for some close ups for my "ATTENTIVE" blog buddies;

HOW HE DO DAT????







99% MAC the palette knife using bright-bold-sassy- color with total freedom of stroke and lots of emotion - expression - gusto and in this piece ATTITUDE!!!!!

Enjoy the day my friends.

JR  :>)