This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'M BACK!!!!

Good Afternoon Blog Buddies,

Well I finished up the painting I started yesterday.  I had a title all picked out for this painting - which WAS - "The Sentries"  Woke up this morning to some snow - I do not like snow - as we all know, I'm allergic to it!!!!  :>(

My DW insists I'm not allergic to snow - she say I'm just a sissy!!!  :>(

(That HURTS!!!)

Anyhoooooooo upon seeing the "WHITE STUFF" this morning and after having to go out in it to buy some groceries - I decided to change the title of the painting!!!

It is now titled "Rumor has it he saw his shadow"

This was painted 98% with my trusty palette knife MAC and a few stray brush strokes here and there.  It is done with caution thrown to the wind and is a loose border-line semi-abstract piece done with lots of expression - emotion - spontaneity and perhaps 10 degrees this side of SLOPPY!

This is where we left off yesterday.


The finish will happen quickly as we all know lots of paint gets applied very quickly with MAC my knife so here we GO

In goes the undercoat for the background - we'll add to and adjust it as we progress



Some darkening was added for several reasons:

1.  added depth of field
2.  visual forward movement of the trees
3.  more contrast

Now the BG needs to be finished - adding the indications of other trees in the distance as well as a snowy appearance into the woods

Additionally the FG needs to be added to augment the presence of snow as well as the cast shadows of the FG trees.

BAM - BAM - BAM

WE ARE DONE!!



Some close ups for the ANAL whoops - the ATTENTIVE CROWD

HOW HE DO DAT???




 







Well my friends - I hope you enjoyed this demo - I had lots of fun with it as I very much enjoy working with MAC - my knife - and I love this loose style that MAC can produce.
If you look closely, there are sections that he produces a "marbleized effect to the blending of paints."

HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!

JR  :>)