This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Thursday, February 16, 2012

A DAY OFF

Good Morning Blog Buddies,

Well, today is going to be a day off from painting.  I don't do that very often but today I will.

I have to deliver a painting today that I sold a couple of weeks ago - it is H-48 x W-30
a big one - one of my favorites.  The $'s received will go into the "RV Fund."

I'm getting a little nervous regarding all the predictions of increasing gas prices that in some cities could approach $5.00 a gallon.  When you figure most likely our 10 cyl 6.8 Engine, 13,500 LB 31' RV - towing a 2,800 LB car will get about 8 miles per gallon, high gas prices are  YIKES - scary at best!!!!  I'll let you do the math to figure out cost per mile driven - 8 miles per gallon and let's assume $4.25 per gallon - - - HOLY CRAP!!!

In 1961- 1962 I lived in San Antonio Texas and if my memory serves me gas was around 28 - 30 cents a gallon.

There are ways to compensate for increases in gas prices and perhaps the most effective way is to stay longer at each RV park and not use as much gas.  We I'm sure will start staying a minimum of 2 weeks and when possible we'll stay a month.  In conjunction with this, driving shorter distances between stops is another way to cut costs down.  There is so much to see across the United States!

After delivering the painting, my DW and I are going out to lunch.  Once in a while you need to forget the diet for a day and ENJOY.  The other thing is your body gets use to dieting and shuts down and says "I'm not going to lose anymore weight until you eat something!!"

So y'all enjoy your day and perhaps come Friday I'll be in front of the easel once again.

LATER DUDES

JR     :>)