This Land is My Land

This Land is My Land

PAINTINGS FOR SALE??????

HELL YES they are for sale!!! I believe in "Affordable art for the masses!"

Check out my ETSY STORE for original paintings

If you have any questions regarding my paintings you can contact me at rvpainter@gmail.com


Monday, February 6, 2012

MORNING DUDES

Well - here we are again at the beginning of a new week!

Did some more packing this morning for "STUFF" to be taken to and stored long term in the storage unit, as well as some "STUFF" for the RV to be temporarily stored.
After this task I decided to finish up the painting I started the other day.

This is where we left off:

As a reminder, this painting will be done exclusively with my trusty palette knife!


If you can remember, I woke up the other morning with the word INCOMING embedding in my mind.  WHY???  NO IDEA!!!!  WHAT DOES IT MEAN??
NO IDEA!!!!!!
Sooooooo with a BLANK mind - which is my state of consciousness most of the time,
:>) 
I shall develop a foreground based only by the title I attached to this painting, as well as emotion and expression.

This will go quickly since the painting is done with my trusty palette knife a tool that applies a lot of painting with minimum strokes.


BUDDA BING - BUDDA BOOM
DONE

The "INCOMING" I think has many meanings that the eyes of the viewer can interpret.

Is there an incoming storm?

Has the rough surf developed into a "RIP TIDE' ?

Is this the beginning of a storm surge?




For my "ATTENTIVE" Buddies I have a couple of close-ups so they can say:

HOW HE DO DAT????





Well - I really enjoy using a palette knife as it pretty much eliminates any inhibitions one might have and it sort of instills a sense of POWER over the canvas - in the sense that it puts the artist IN CHARGE!!!

Hope you enjoyed this demo and can see how although semi-abstract in style and lots of expression - emotion - spontaneity - the results can be very much as interesting as a very softly painted realistic style.

It's all in the eyes of the beholder.

JR   :>)